C.I.R.C.B. seeks constantly to clarify its position under Intellectual Property Rights law before it, under normal circumstances, publishes any document. As a result, for some classes of document it holds written permission from heirs of the author or their representatives, for other classes of document it has established that those documents are in the public domain, and for still other classes of document it is currently seeking permission or clearance. The two lists given below show the current state of affairs.
The following are permissions granted by authors and editors:
- Keith Bowen - Author of the article: "The Rise and Fall of the Bass Clarinet in A"
- Fabrizio Della Seta - Author of the article: "From the Glicibarifono to the Bass Clarinet: a Chapter in the History of Orchestration in Italy"
- Fabrizio Della Seta - Author of the article: "Dal Glicibarifono al Clarinetto Basso: un Capitolo sulla Storia dell'Orchestrazione in Italia"
- Daniel N. Leeson - Author of the article: "Some Remarks on the Bass Clarinet in A"
- Edward Palanker - Author of the articles: "Bass Clarinet Orchestra Auditions", "The Highs and Lows of the Bass Clarinet"
- Albert R. Rice - Author of the article: "The Earliest Bass Clarinet Music (1794) and the Bass Clarinets by Heinrich and August Grenser"
- Albert R. Rice - Author of the article: "La Prima Musica per Clarinetto Basso (1794) e i Clarinetti Bassi Costruiti da Heinrich e August Grenser"
- Albert R. Rice - Author of the article: "La Première Musique pour la Clarinette Basse (1794) et les Clarinettes Basses Construitent par Heinrich et August Grenser"
- Nicole Bellido - Editor of BWV • BERLINER WISSENSCHAFTS-VERLAG GmbH
- Heike Fricke - Editor of "Rohrblatt"
- James Gillespie - Editor of I.C.A.'s magazine "The Clarinet"
- Silvio Malgarini - Editor of the "LIM - Libreria Musicale Italiana"
Permissions currently being sought are as follows: